Welcome to my online CV! I’m Ralph, a half British – half French guy, living in Germany. That mix makes me have British eating habits, French criticism habits, and a German efficiency attitude 🙂
I’m curious by nature, I love traveling, discovering, and tinkering (nice way of saying hacking) just about everything. I’m also a data freak, I have my whole life organized in Excel sheets.
I’m interested in new technologies and tech startups. I enjoy discovering the hidden potential in businesses, projects and ideas. You’ll often find me backing Kickstarter projects or watching TED videos.
Dec 2015 – Today
Visual Meta: “All shops, one site.”
By connecting to the product catalogue of over 7000 fashion and furniture shops, Visual Meta offers users a unique online shopping experience to visually compare and discover similar items.
As a Quality Manager, my role is:
• To work with partners’ product feeds and Sync department for the data integration of +30M products
• To develop backend and frontend category structures (one for the machine learning and the other for the users)
• To optimize data samples for product classification (text and image based supervised machine learning)
• To assist a long-tail SEO strategy by creating as many unique but relevant landing pages
• To coordinate with Sales, SEO and Design teams to prepare for season trends and update desktop and apps accordingly.
• Creating from scratch a blueprint for a new category (Electronics) with market research, data scraping, structure development & website implementation. From the first few weeks it has had the highest clickthrough rate.
• Assisting with the transition to a new business intelligence tool, and acting as a technical advisor for the Quality department
• 2nd runner-up in a company hackathon for a product improvement
Oct 2013 – Sep 2015
BIME by Zendesk is a cloud Business Intelligence solution. It allows companies to analyze data from over 40 vastly different datasources, and create dashboards with over 20 visualization options. Very ahead of its time, BIME won multiple innovation awards and raised several million in funding before quickly getting acquired by Zendesk in 2015.
As a Webmarketing Manager, my role was primarily lead generation:
• Creating compelling blog posts for customer testimonials and covering events the company attended
• Creating landing pages for new product features with A/B testing
• Managing Adwords and retargeting campaigns (with ROI reaching up to +15%)
• Maintaining social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
• Sending monthly newsletters and promotional emails
• Increasing backlinks, eventually making up for 30% of all traffic
• Using BIME for tracking all useful KPIs from webmarketing efforts
• Automating and scheduling all social media activity, including creating a Twitter bot
• Creating contests, with special offers for users who create the best dashboards
Apr 2013 – Aug 2015
Part-time freelancer helping small clients with initial and basic online marketing.
• SEO: Website creation & basic on-site SEO training
• SEA: Emailing (Drip marketing), Landing pages with call-to-actions
• SMO: BtoC social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Apr 2012 – Jun 2012
Citivia serves as the interface for contractors with activities in the public sector.
The internship mission was to make the city of Mulhouse more attractive by having more trendy shops downtown.
• Analyzing the market, and creating a list of potential trendy international and national brands (Nike, Geox, The Kooples, Nespresso, MAC Cosmetics, etc.)
• Finding the right person of contact from each of these brands
• Mailing operation with a personalized letter, suggestions of available spaces, a list of potential franchisors, and a brochure of key statistics showing the city’s dynamism.
• Creating a reporting tool to follow the evolution of shops closing and opening
2014 – 2015
This specialization offers expertise in both IT and marketing management. With an IT background, the goal is to train students about the issues and the use of these technologies in the field of marketing. Graduates are suitable for positions such as project manager & IT consultant.
Degree done as an apprenticeship
2013 – 2014
The purpose of this Master’s degree is to provide expertise for managing marketing projects. Graduates are suitable for positions such as project manager, designer and manager of multimedia products.
Degree done as an apprenticeship
Ranked 1st of 50 students
2012 – 2013
This bachelor’s degree prepares students for fundamental strategic marketing, and market analysis.
Alinova project: commercialization of an innovative food product. Market study, Business Plan, Marketing & financial plan, etc. http://cubifruit.jimdo.com/
2010 – 2012
Small and mid-sized Business studies.
Provides a global vision over all modern management tools for organizations in complex environments
Business development project – “Bonn’heure”: Marketing, Legal and Financial studies. – Our group ranked 1st out of 150 students for this project. Website: http://goo.gl/UlQew
Semi-pro road cyclist